My Guide Website?
Tirana: Lake Bovilla and Mount Gamti Hiking Day Trip3 Reviews
Get out of the city of Tirana and travel to Bovilla lake for a hike on Mount Gamti on this day trip. Admire views of the deep blue lake, the grey mountains, and the green forests as you climb.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Albania:If youʻre booking your trip to Albania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Feel the thrill of going up the slopes of Mt. Gamti with views of Bovilla lake
- Have the option to tailor the hike to your specific needs and abilities
- Experience the beauty of the panoramic views at the 'Balcony of Bovilla'
- Try to spot wildlife on the trail like golden eagles and peregrine falcons
- Take in breathtaking views of the Bovilla lake hydropower dam from above
DescriptionExplore the natural beauty of Albania on this hiking day trip on Mount Gamti. Depart from Tirana and have the option of hiking to the peak or taking an easier route to the 'Balcony of Bovilla' viewpoint. Be picked up from the comfort of your hotel in Tirana and enjoy the scenic drive to lake Bovilla. Start your hike at on a trail to Gamti peak. Keep an eye out for local wildlife like foxes, golden eagles, and peregrine falcons as you climb. Choose if you would like to take a the easy trail or the more challenging trail. Take the easy trail up to the 'Balcony of Bovilla' where you can experience sweeping views of the forests, valleys, and the Bovilla lake hydropower dam. Stop for some free time where you can purchase a delicious lunch at a local farm-style restaurant with stunning views of the lake. Select the more difficult trail and climb to the peak of Gamti where you are rewarded with splendid views of the mountain range. Return to your accommodation in Tirana.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Guide
- The maximum altitude for the easy version of the hike is 620 meters which takes 40 minutes The maximum altitude for the difficult version of the hike is 1246 meters which takes about 3 hours