My Guide Website?
From Tirana, Day Tour: UNESCO site Ohrid Lake
The journey from Tirana to Ohrid Lake, is a captivating exploration of cultural splendor and natural beauty. It is an immersive experience that will transport you through time.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Albania:If youʻre booking your trip to Albania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Tirana: Prizren Guided Tour
- From Tirana: Pogradec, Drilon, and Tushemisht Day Tour
- Tirana: Enjoy the Cape of Rodon and Wine Tasting
- From Tirana: Komani Lake and Shala River Day Trip
- Shkodra from Tirana: Day Tour of castle, city & Skadar Lake
- Enjoy at the Ohrid lake
- Explore many archaeological sites and museums
- Admire on breathtaking views on Ohrid Lake from the old town
- Passing By Lini , The oldest settlement in Europe
- The deepest Lake in Balkan
DescriptionWe start our journey from Tirana to Lake Ohrid, one of the most enticing destinations in North Macedonia, considered one of the oldest human settlements in all of Europe. The city of Ohrid and Lake Ohrid have been part of the UNESCO World Heritage since 1980. Lake Ohrid and its surroundings are inhabited by the Illyrian tribe of Enkelej. The lake was named by the Romans as 'Lyhnidas' (Lake of Light). We will visit the famous view of the church of Saint John, the church of Saint Nicholas and the Halveti Hayati Teqe mosque. Ohrid became an important center for Orthodox believers during the Byzantine Empire and is famous for its 365 Orthodox churches, said to have one for every day of the year. During the Ottoman Empire the city grew in the hills and surrounding lakeside areas. The houses were built with a very specific architecture that created narrow streets, tunnels and small courtyards in the hilly terrain, making it possible for each house to have a good view of the lake. Today the city is famous for its architecture, churches, castle on top of the city, amphitheater, beautiful view of the lake surrounded by mountains and pearls from the lake. After this unique experience, we return to Tirana.
IncludesTour Guide Road taxes Samoil Fortess Entrance Transport Hotel Pick-up , Hotel drop-off
- We will cross the Border to North Macedoniaso we need the Passports or Id.