My Guide Website?
From Tirana: 3-Day Korab Mountain Private Hiking Tour
Hike to the summit of Korab Mountain, Albania's highest peak, as part of a private guided tour. Stay in traditional Albanian guesthouses, visit thermal baths, and admire breathtaking wild nature.
- Get on your hiking shoes and climb to the peak of Korab Mountain with a guide
- Admire the rugged mountain range and its stunningly diverse flora from above
- Embark on shorter hikes to take in an alpine lake and a traditional village
- Gain insight into local life by learning about Albanian food, history, and more
- Visit some of Dibër County's famous natural springs and relax in the warm water
DescriptionTrek to the peak of Korab Mountain on a multi-day tour of Dibër County. Visit charming Albanian towns and villages, including Peshkopi, Radomira, and Rabdisht. Sample Albanian specialties and relax in natural thermal baths. Marvel at the stunning scenery and plant life of Korab-Koritnik Nature Park. Day 1: Tirana - Rabdisht - PeshkopiAfter pickup from your hotel in Tirana, drive deep into North-East Albania. Head to Peshkopi, where you will tour the old city and hear about its history under Ottoman control. Visit the village of Kastriot and learn about the Albanian national hero who is thought to have roots in this village. Sample a traditional Albanian lunch near Peshkopi before visiting Rabdisht, a unique village with tremendous stone architecture. Hike around the village. Take a dip in natural thermal baths to relax before your longer hike tomorrow. Sleep in a traditional guesthouse nearby. Day 2: Peshkopi - Korab - Radomira After breakfast at the guesthouse, start hiking. Follow a 16.3-km trail on a round trip taking in the peak of Mount Korab, the fourth-highest mountain in the Balkans. Tuck into a picnic lunch near Fusha e Korabit, where Albanian emigrants started their journey to the US in the late 19th century. Enjoy the rugged mountain terrain and scenery of Korab-Koritnik Nature Park. Marvel at its rich flora, including pines, beech, and alder. Walk for an average of 5 hours up to the peak and 3 hours downhill to Radomira, where you will enjoy dinner and spend the night in a traditional guesthouse. Day 3: Radomira - Liqeni i Zi - Tirana After breakfast at the guesthouse, put on your hiking shoes again for a 4-km hike to Liqeni i Zi alpine lake and back. Admire the stunning lake surrounded by mountains. Then, climb back into the car to be taken a different way back to Tirana via Kukës. Arrive back at your hotel in the afternoon.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off 2 nights in traditional guesthouses 2 lunches, 2 dinners, and 2 breakfasts Guide All transportation Lunch on the third day Personal expenses
- Drinking water is mainly provided from natural springs Day 1 involves around 6 hours of driving in total, interspersed with visiting attractions in Dibër County Day 2 involves 16.3 kilometers of walking with a maximum elevation gain of 1,490 meters. On average, the day involves 8 hours of moderately difficult hiking The tour price is based on shared triple and quadruple rooms. A private double room may be arranged on request at an extra charge