My Guide Website?
Tirana: 4-Day Trip to Komani Lake, Valbona, Theth & Shkodër
Get off the beaten path on a guided 4-day hiking trip from Tirana to Theth with 3 nights of accommodation included. Explore the countryside landscape, discover remote villages, and connect with locals.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Albania:If youʻre booking your trip to Albania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Smell the fresh country air as you hike the Albanian countryside
- Take in the views of towering mountains in the Valbona Valley
- See traditional, centuries-old stone houses that are still occupied
- Enjoy a kayaking tour on the crystal blue waters of Komani Lake
- Experience the local culture of rural communities in remote villages
DescriptionExperience Albanian culture on a whole new level with a 4-day guided hiking excursion from Tirana. Discover the lush countryside around the remote village of Berisha and hike to Komani Lake. Take in the views of the Valbona Valley and Gurnas Waterfall before returning to city life in Shkodër. Start the trip with an early morning drive to Komani Lake. Hop on the ferry to Fierza and start your journey to Berisha, a small village off the beaten path. Kayak around Komani Lake and overnight in the home of a local family. Begin your second day with a trip through the town of Bajram Curri to Valbona for lunch. Hike to Kukaj, another remote area in the Valbona Valley, and experience the local culture miles away from the bustle of the urban center. On your third day, follow the ancient path from Valbona to Theth and pass by traditional stone homes that have been occupied for a century. Enjoy the views of the valley before eating lunch in a local cafe. Discover the unique history and traditions of Theth, with its historic Reconciliation Tower. Begin your final day with breakfast in the local guesthouse. Walk along the soft, hilly terrain to the Gurnas Waterfall. After exploring its clear waters, ease back into urban life with a 3-hour stop in Shkodër before returning to Tirana in the evening.
IncludesGuided 4-day trip 3 nights of accommodation in a guesthouse: at Komani Lake, Valbona, and Theth All meals for 3 days Transportation Ferry tickets Kayaks
- Participants must be able to climb and descend stairs; this tour is not wheelchair accessible A passport is required at the Macedonian border Visa regulations apply, so please check your country's requirements Due to traffic during the summer season, there might be delays on the way back to Tirana