My Guide Website?
Lake Skadar Guided Tour: Discover the Montenegrin Alcatraz20 Reviews
Discover the breathtaking beauty of Lake Skadar, during this hour-long guided tour. Get close to the famous Montenegrin Alcatraz and take a refreshing swim in the deep blue waters off the lake.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Albania:If youʻre booking your trip to Albania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Navigate along a small river channel with a fence made of willows and reeds
- Soak up the scenic views of Mount Vranjina and the impressive ranges in Albania
- Watch the Montenegrin Alcatraz ascend from the waters of Lake Skadar
- Take a refreshing swim in the captivating blue, crystal-clear waters of the lake
DescriptionLooking for a quick way to explore Lake Skadar, one of Europe's largest lakes? Our unique, short sightseeing tour offers you a chance to discover the famous Montenegrin Alcatraz, learn about its intriguing past from our knowledgeable guide, and enjoy the picturesque views of Lake Skadar. Your journey begins in Virpazar, just a quick half-hour drive from Montenegro's capital, Podgorica. Once you arrive at the meeting point, the local tour operator will quickly check your vouchers and explain how to pay the National Park fee. After that, you'll be all set to board the boat and start your adventure! As you navigate along a small river channel with a fence made of willows and reeds, you'll be treated to stunning views of Mount Vranjina and the impressive ranges in Albania. Keep your eyes peeled for many species of native birds perched on top of the walls of Grmožur, the ruined fortress that looms before your eyes. During the time of King Nikola, this abandoned fortification used to be a jail. The island is also known as the 'Island of Snakes' by the locals; however, it is more commonly referred to as the 'Island of Birds' due to its permanent and temporary bird species. On your way back, the boat will stop in the middle of the open water to allow you to take a refreshing swim. Don't forget to bring your swimsuit and towel and fully enjoy the crystal-clear blue waters. Finally, the tour concludes as you return to the starting point with a backpack full of memories!
IncludesEnglish-speaking tour guide Sightseeing boat tour with Wi-Fi onboard Map with stories from the Lake Skadar area Regional wine and refreshments Life vests
- The boat type and model can vary depending on weather conditions, the number of passengers, and availability. Please note that this tour is subject to cancellation due to weather conditions. In the event of heavy rains or high winds, we will either reschedule your reservation or issue a full refund.