My Guide Website?
Lake Skadar: Guided Panoramic Boat Tour to Kom Monastery473 Reviews
Witness the magic of Lake Skadar and the beauty of Kom Monastery on a trip from Virpazar. Travel along the canals inside a traditional wooden boat and savor the flavors of the region with local wine.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Albania:If youʻre booking your trip to Albania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Tirana: Prizren Guided Tour
- From Tirana: Pogradec, Drilon, and Tushemisht Day Tour
- Tirana: Enjoy the Cape of Rodon and Wine Tasting
- From Tirana: Komani Lake and Shala River Day Trip
- Shkodra from Tirana: Day Tour of castle, city & Skadar Lake
- Travel along narrow channels, reachable only by traditional wooden boats
- Discover the centuries-old Lesendro ruins amongst meadows of water chestnuts
- Try local wine in the middle of wilderness with untouched nature all around
- Visit the medieval monastery Kom and admire its centuries-old frescoes
- Take a swim in the fresh waters of Lake Skadar with beautiful views all around
DescriptionIf you are on the lookout for the most beautiful places to visit in Montenegro, the medieval Kom Monastery is sure to catch your eye. Experience for yourself why this tour was a bestseller on Lake Skadar during the 2023 season! Enjoy the perfect balance between nature, culture, and picturesque scenic views. Travel aboard a traditional wooden boat and savour the delicious local wine, while your guide reveals all the fascinating stories from the region. Begin your journey in Virpazar, a charming fishing village. This idyllic location is just a short half-hour drive from Podgorica, Montenegro's capital. Once you arrive at the meeting point, the local tour operator will check your vouchers and explain how to pay the National Park fee. After that, you're all set to board! Marvel at the breathtaking sight of Vranjina's two majestic peaks as you sail through a narrow river canal. Admire Lesendro, the Key of Lake Skadar, a centuries-old structure where birds often perch atop the ruins. Discover the hidden beauty of three islands adorned with thousands of water lilies next, just before arriving at the medieval monastery Kom. Perched atop Odrin Hill, this hidden gem is accessible only by boat and is home to the best-preserved frescoes in the area. Immerse yourself in the sweet aroma of wild thyme during your 30-minute visit. Finally, enjoy a refreshing swim in the pristine waters of Lake Skadar, and take in the picturesque views of the untouched nature that surrounds you on the way back.
IncludesEnglish-speaking tour guide Sightseeing boat tour with Wi-Fi onboard 30-minute visit to the Kom Monastery Map with stories from the Lake Skadar area Regional wine, juice, and water Priganice (traditional pastry) Life vests
- Please note that this tour is subject to cancellation due to weather conditions. If it is raining or there are strong winds, we may alter the boat used for the tour, reschedule your booking for another day, or provide a full refund. We will contact you promptly in the event of any changes to your booking.