My Guide Website?
Gjirokaster: City Highlights Walking Tour4 Reviews
Discover some of the magic of the city on this guided walking experience. Visit the medieval Bazaar, the legendary Argjiro Castle, and one of the best-preserved traditional houses, the Zekate House.
- Marvel at the wonderful views of Gjirokaster from up high
- Experience the magical atmosphere of historic Albania
- Buy a souvenir from a local artisan shop in the Old Bazaar
- Explore the majestic and legendary Argjiro Castle
- Visit one of the oldest Ottoman-style homes, the Zekate House
DescriptionExplore the major landmarks, as well as some hidden gems, on a comprehensive walking excursion of the city of Gjirokaster, led by an experienced local guide. Join your guide on an exciting walking journey starting at Cerciz Topulli square, where you'll get information about the tour and have a chance to learn about the history of the city. Move towards the Old Bazaar, stopping at the Neck of the Bazaar to admire the architecture and meet local artisans. Browse through a variety of handmade items made of wool, stone, and wood. You might find the ideal souvenir to take home. Later on, head towards the Argjiro Castle, known for its history, tragedy, and legends. Enjoy breathtaking views of Gjirokaster from 330 meters above sea level. Your last stop of the day will be one of the best-preserved Ottoman-style houses in Albania, the Zekate House, which was built in 1812 and also offers great city views.
ExcludesFood and drinks
- Passengers must be able to walk long distances