My Guide Website?
From Tirana or Shkoder: 4-Day Valbona and Theth Hiking Trip1 Reviews
Discover Koman Lake, the Valbona Valley, Theth, and more on a private 4-day trip from Tirana with included accommodation and meals. Enjoy several guided hikes and get a glimpse into remote local life.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Albania:If youʻre booking your trip to Albania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Berat: Osum Canyon and Bogove Waterfall Tour
- Tirana: Enjoy the Cape of Rodon and Wine Tasting
- From Tirana or Durres: Private Transfer to Budva & Kotor
- From Tirana: Durres & Kruja History and Local Food Day Trip
- Fom Tirana: Day tour of Shkodra and Lezha (Scutari & Lisus)
- Join a professional guide for some picturesque hikes in Valbona and Theth
- Explore the Valbona Valley and discover traditional local life
- Trek between Valbona and Theth and enjoy the views of rocky valleys and forests
- Take a hike to the 'Blue Eye' and brave the icy waters if you dare
- Benefit from convenient pickup and drop-off in Tirana, accommodation, and meals
DescriptionGet a taste of rural Albania on a private 4-day hiking trip from Tirana with a professional guide. Visit Koman Lake, Valbona, Theth, the 'Blue Eye,' Gurnas Waterfall, and Shkoder. Enjoy included guesthouse accommodation and meals. On Day 1, leave Tirana early after pickup at your accommodation and drive toward Koman Lake. There, take a ferry to Fierza on the other side of this manmade lake, the only connection locals have to get in touch with the modern world. Next, drive on from Fierza to Valbona, passing through Bajram Curri. Stop for a lunch break in Valbona, then go hiking in Kukaj, a remote area in the Valbona Valley. See how local people go about their life before checking into your guesthouse for the night. On Day 2, hike for approximately 20 kilometers from Valbona to Theth, following the ancient path that was once the only way to travel between Valbona and Shkoder. Pass through old villages where people still live in their more than 100-year-old stone towers. Enjoy a spectacular view of the long rocky valley mixed with quiet, relaxing forest, and take your pick from some traditional cafes for a lunch break. Arrive in Theth and prepare to be amazed by its unique nature, history, and tradition. Admire the Lock-in Tower of Theth, and hear about its interesting past. Stay overnight in Theth. On Day 3, hike to the 'Blue Eye,' a natural water pool located around 10 kilometers from the center of Theth. With a depth of 5 meters and icy waters (5°C), the Blue Eye is formed by rock erosion caused by water descending from the mountains. Savor a picnic lunch at the Blue Eye and return to the guesthouse by the afternoon. On Day 4, have breakfast at the guesthouse, then head to Gurnas Waterfall, around 45 minutes on foot from the center of the village. After, leave Theth behind and drive for around 3 hours to reach Shkoder, the biggest city in northern Albania. Enjoy some free time in Shkoder before returning to Tirana in the evening.
IncludesPickup and drop-off in Tirana All transportation Professional tour guide throughout the trip 3 nights of guesthouse accommodation 3 breakfasts 3 lunches 3 dinners Ferry tickets
- This is an intensive tour suitable for people with a good level of fitness The hikes on Days 2 and 3 are no more than 20 kilometers long The maximum elevation of the hike on Day 2 is 1,000 meters