My Guide Website?
From Tirana: Full-Day Tour to Gjirokastra1 Reviews
Explore Gjirokastra on this day tour from Tirana. Visit this magical hillside town, immerse yourself in local life, and meet local people.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Albania:If youʻre booking your trip to Albania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Berat: Osum Canyon and Bogove Waterfall Tour
- Tirana: Enjoy the Cape of Rodon and Wine Tasting
- From Tirana or Durres: Private Transfer to Budva & Kotor
- From Tirana: Durres & Kruja History and Local Food Day Trip
- Fom Tirana: Day tour of Shkodra and Lezha (Scutari & Lisus)
- Be introduced to the most fascinating monuments and heritage sites in the city
- Visit Gjirokastra Castle
- Taste coffee ground in a stone pot
- Visit Skenduli house and the Ethnographic Museum
DescriptionBegin your day tour with a transfer from Tirana. Once there, visit the medieval bazaar and the Ottoman-style houses in the old part of the town. Witness artisan women making handmade doilies, carving wood or silver and other guild shops in the narrow cobbled stone streets of this suburb. While visiting people in their homes, traditional coffee (ground in stone) and mountain tea will be served. You will also visit Gjirokastra city, the castle and much more. Later, you will have the chance to taste the typical local food cooked by local women. You will also visit the Skenduli House, you'll most likely be shown around by Mr Skenduli himself. The house was built around the year 1700 and has many fascinating features. Later, you will visit the Ethnographic Museum. In the end, you will enjoy free time around the city.
IncludesEntrance to the castle Entrance to Skenduli House Entrance to Ethnographic Museum Traditional coffee (ground in stone) and mountain tea
- Comfortable shoes - there will be a lot of walking on uneven surfaces