From Tirana: Full-Day Berat Tour3 Reviews
Visiting Berat city will be a unique experience of your lifetime. Explore the city of thousand windows, UNESCO World Heritage site, historic architecture of the Ottoman period and one of the few cities with an inhabited castle nowadays.
- Explore a local guide the UNESCO heritage city and the vivid traces of the Ottoman period
- Visit the inhabited castle and the National Iconographic Museum “Onufri”
- See the main object cults of three of the largest religions peacefully coexisting
- Have entrance fees to historical sites included
DescriptionTravel to Berat in the morning at 08:30. Once you get to the city, you will learn that it was invaded three times by Ottomans, Romans and Bulgarians and then became a big principality under the rule of the Albanian noble family of Muzaka in the 14th century. Your will walk on well preserved cobblestone streets. Explore the Onufri Museum inside of the Cathedral of the Saint Mary Assumption (18th century) and admire the icons of the mysterious work of the Onufri painter. Visit the castle, one the most marvelous sights of the city and one of the biggest inhabited castles with many Byzantine churches, as well as some mosques built under the Ottoman era which began in 1417. You will also visit the King Mosque and Helveti Teke. Your next stop will be the old quarters of Mangalem and Gorica connected with each other by the Gorica Bridge over the Osumi River. Both quarters take pride in their architecture and the rare shapes of their houses. Finally, return to Tirana.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Entrance fee to Onufri Museum Private guide Transportation Meals Drinks
- Clothing recommendations
- Comfortable shoes - there will be a lot of walking on uneven surfaces
- Don’t forget your sunglasses
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability