My Guide Website?
From Tirana & Durres: Group Tour of Apollonia Berat & Durres
This a perfect opportunity for all solo travelers to join a friendly group and discover the best of Antiquity and Medieval history in Apollonia and Berat in a fully guided tour from Tirana and Durres
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Albania:If youʻre booking your trip to Albania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Tirana: Prizren Guided Tour
- From Tirana: Pogradec, Drilon, and Tushemisht Day Tour
- Tirana: Enjoy the Cape of Rodon and Wine Tasting
- From Tirana: Komani Lake and Shala River Day Trip
- Shkodra from Tirana: Day Tour of castle, city & Skadar Lake
- Travel back in time to the 6th Century BC at the Apollonia Archaeological Park
- Explore the mixture of Byzantine and Ottoman styles at the Castle of Berat
- Gain insight into what life was like in the past at he Ethnographic Museum
- Capture photos of the terraced houses on the hill in the Mangalem neighborhood
- Discover for yourself why Berat is known as the 'town of a thousand windows'
DescriptionExplore the ancient Greek, Roman, and medieval ruins at the Apollonia Archaeological Park on this day trip from Tirana. Take a tour of the Mangalem and Gorica neighborhoods in the UNESCO world Heritage town of Berat. Be picked up from your accommodation in Tirana and sit back and relax on the drive to the ruins at Apollonia. Explore this 6th century BC Greek trade colony which is surrounded by soft, picturesque hills and rolling olive groves. Uncover the Greek, Roman, and medieval heritage of this ancient city. View monuments from the classical period such as Doric columns, an obelisk, and the Gate of Temenos. Admire a well-preserved 13th century monastery complex. Continue to the ruins of the Castle of Berat which was built in the 13th century and has Byzantine and Ottoman influences. Learn about what daily life was once like in Berat at the Ethnographic Museum of Berat. See how local styles fused with Ottoman styles at the museum. Head to the Mangalem neighborhood of Berat. Snap pictures of the layered houses with large windows that overlook the river. Uncover how this place earned the name 'town of a thousand windows' as you explore the neighborhood of Gorica. Return to your accommodation in the city of Tirana.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in Tirana and Durres Professional Tour Guide Entrance fees to Apollonia Entrance fees to Onufri Museum All the transportation
- Please note that this is Not a Private tour and a minimum of 2 people is needed for the departure. All solo travelers will receive a confirmation at least 2 days before departure.